Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Resolution

 
Pumpkinspice: What is Mom and Dad talking about when they say they're making a New Year's Resolution?
Jeep: Every year, people around the world ring in the New Year and then they make a list of all the things they want to change about themselves only to fail at keeping their promises to themselves.
Pumpkinspice: Well Mom says she plans on eating healthier.
Jeep: I give it 2 months max, her will power when it comes to sweets is nearly nonexistent.
Pumpkinspice: Well Dad plans on working out after the New Year.
Jeep: That will last a good 4 months and then a big fat juicy cheeseburger will take him down and all that effort will go to waste and he'll get disgusted and quit working out all together.
Pumpkinspice: Well...I think I'll try to grow a few inches taller.
Jeep: It doesn't work like that.
Pumpkinspice: Why not?
Jeep: You're as tall as you're going to be...you're done growing.
Pumpkinspice: But I don't want to be short anymore.
Jeep: You gotta live with the hand you're dealt with lil buddy.
Pumpkinspice: No I don't...Mom doesn't have to deal with the fact that she's fat, and Dad doesn't have to deal with the fact that he's out of shape, so why do I have to deal with being short!
Jeep: Want me to buy you some stilts?
Pumpkinspice: Well Mr. Smartie Pants, what's your New Year's Resolution then?
Jeep: Don't need one...I'm perfect as is.
Pumpkinspice: So you wouldn't want to be taller?
Jeep: That's your fantasy not mine.
Pumpkinspice: How about losing weight?
Jeep: I'm not fat!
Pumpkinspice: Well you could benefit from not eating sooooo many cookies.
Jeep: I was just helping Santa out!
Pumpkinspice: Well, how about not being so cranky?
Jeep:  Now I'm cranky?!
Pumpkinspice:  You do tend to get a little cranky when I want you to do something.
Jeep:  That's because the things you want me to do are NOT fun!
Pumpkinspice:  Fine, maybe your resolution should be about trying NEW and INTERESTING things!
Jeep:  Great I'm fat, cranky, and boring according to you....Well Happy New Year to me!!!!
Pumpkinspice: Glad I could help you find your New Year's resolution.  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment