Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Not Your Ordinary Christmas Presents

 
Jeep:  I'm almost afraid to ask, but what are you doing?
Pumpkinspice:  Putting bows on all of Peapod's presents I snagged.
Jeep:  Mom already wrapped all his presents...what do you mean by snagged?
Pumpkinspice:  I know Mom and Dad bought him presents, but let's face it, they have absolutely no clue what he likes.  I, on their other hand, have a very perceptive understanding of his needs and wants.
Jeep:  Yeah I'm almost positive Mom and Dad aren't going to like you giving away their things!  Look I get that Peapod likes to play with Dad's peepers and yank Mom's hairclip out of her hair, but that doesn't mean you can ''snag'' those things, stick a bow on it, and give it to Peapod without their permission...and what exactly is he supposed to do with an empty box?
Pumpkinspice:  You really have no imagination!!  Peapod loves empty boxes, he likes to put things in them, dump them out, stack them, ride in them...
Jeep: Ok, ok, I get it...what about the box full of wipes.  What could he possibly want with that?!
Pumpkinspice:  Oh he's going to LOVE it!  I'm going to rig it so he can have a whole box of wipes that he can seamlessly pull out of the box.  I would have loved to give him an endless supply of wipes to yank out but I guess a two hour supply is better than nothing.
Jeep:  And exactly how do you think Mom is going to react when she's cleaning up the mess that you helped inspire Peapod to create?
Pumpkinspice:  It's a two for one special.
Jeep:  Come again?
Pumpkinspice:  Keep up will you, Peapod gets his wipes, and Mom gets wipes for easy clean up.  She's always looking for something to wipe up his messes, now he'll be inadvertently helping her and never know it...go ahead you can call me a genius.
Jeep:  Yup, not gonna happen...ok what about the magazine?
Pumpkinspice:  He likes to rip paper, now he can rip away this Christmas...you know you're the older bear and yet you know nothing about Peapod.
Jeep:  MY job as older bear is to keep you two younger bears out of TROUBLE, not help you and him create more trouble!  Speaking of getting in trouble, how do you plan on explaining to Mom and Dad how Peapod got all their things?
 
 
Pumpkinspice:  Psshhhh, you act like I'm an amateur!  I'm slightly offended you know, but don't worry, the Big Man from the North Pole will be helping me out.
Jeep:  Wow you're really digging yourself into a pit aren't you?  It's bad enough you're doing all of this, but to claim Santa gave him all these little ''goodies?!''  Yup, he's gonna give you coal this year, without a doubt in my mind, you're getting coal.
Pumpkinspice:  Oh stop being so dramatic, just trust me this will all work out!
Jeep:  Ok fine we'll do it your way but here's a little news flash for you, there's no space under the tree, so good luck with all that.
Pumpkinspice:  Who needs luck, when I have a Mr. Mouse Rose.  Oh Mr. Mouse Rose, where are you?
 
 
Mr. Mouse Rose:  It tis I little bear, how may I be of assistance?
Pumpkinspice:  I need you to put all these presents under the tree for me.
Mr. Mouse Rose:  Presents...what presents?
Pumpkinspice:  What do you mean 'what presents?'  You're standing in one of them!
Mr. Mouse Rose:  This is a present?!  Has your family fallen on hard times?  I better find a backup family for next year.
Pumpkinspice:  NO WE HAVEN'T FALLEN ON HARD TIMES!!  Just put them under the tree...please?
Mr. Mouse Rose:  Absolutely not!  These are not your ordinary Christmas presents and I will not place just odd things under my tree.
Jeep:  Oh this is just too good.  Now what are you going to do Pumpkinspice?
Pumpkinspice:  Fine!  I guess Santa is coming a day early and I'll just give all his presents to him the minute he wakes up from his nap!!
Jeep:  Yup, coal, you're getting coal.

Merry Christmas from our odd little family to yours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment